Category Archives: Opportunities
I am working on a “Conceptual Model of sustainability”. I am trying to build a simple yet all encompassing frame work that rather than Keep-it-Simple is Make-it-simple such that it can be applied to all the components of a system and system as a whole. Yes I do believe this is possible (but true – it is yet to be tested). Such a model can be applied to Ecological, social and economic systems. This permits people of very different knowledge and perspective to participate in transforming organisations to more sustainable ones.
I am happy to receive suggestions and references to others, that may have done similar things so feel free to comment.
The model should have the following qualities
- Indicate existing non sustainable processes
- Indicate how to transition to sustainable processes
- Be scalabel
- Allow black box modular structure
- Include Reuse, recycle, life cycles wanted and unwanted outputs (waste)
- Show how to integrate with other systems to achieve sustainable meta-systems
- Encapsulate diversity resilience
- Capture and control incident inputs and outputs such as sun and rain
- Indicate the foundations on which the system stands and its dependance on these foundations
- Easy to communicate by telling a short story and building a framework or model that is easy to remember.
Please join my quest
I recommend the article below both for businesses and personal understanding of how the the consumer IT revolution is changing the way we do work.
For many years now I have made my own decisions to support my work, using phones to capture white boards, a tablet to avoid printing and take a document to a meeting and managing work tasks on a mobile device.